Cooking without fire? Panasonic x omy.sg

Friday, June 26, 2015

Yup, you didn't see the title wrongly. I attended a cooking demo last week by Panasonic and OMY and nothing was cooked WITH FIRE!


A couple of recipes were shared during the cooking demo - Kaya, Mixed Wheat Raisin Bread, Herbal Emperor Chicken, and Yam and Pumpkin Kueh. We were taught how to make Kaya Bread from scratch using the Panasonic SD-P104 Bread Maker Machine!

Image from Panasonic.com

I've never seen or used a bread maker machine before so I was really fascinated that day wahahaha. Sorry la I'm not a housewife material =p I hate measuring ingredients and I like to just agar agar everything hehe!! Luckily when I went up to help with the cooking demo, all the ingredients were measured for us already, if not the end product would have been horrendous!!







Sorry for the blur photos, didn't bring my camera because I sent it for servicing :( But it's finally back with me already yay!



I don't know if I was nervous, plain clumsy or what, but I spilled some of the ingredients during the process argh so embarrassing!!


Look!!! The bread maker is mixing the dough omg so cool!! Long gone are the days you have to mix everything by hand. Hurray to technology =p


There's even a dispenser for you to put whatever ingredients you need, and the bread maker will automatically dispense those ingredients after a stipulated time.

Okay this is random but during the cooking demo I kept telling lw and jr how this bread maker looks like a washing machine. Still got dispenser de which makes it look even more like a washing machine!!!

Image from Singer.com

Look!!! The bread maker is like a mini washing machine!!! Okay I should stop being so random hahaha


Here's the end-product! So fresh mmmmm <3


Other than making the bread, they also taught us how to make the kaya paste itself! The good thing about making everything from scratch is that you know that its organic, fresh and no preservatives added!




See that hand blender? That was my favourite product out of all products introduced to us that day :) I use the handheld mixer a lot when baking, but one problem is that when mixing the ingredients, they always fly here and there (especially the flour... omg), making a huge mess in the kitchen.

When I saw the Panasonic MX-SS1 Hand Blender in action though, I was so amazed!! No flying of ingredients, minimal noise, and most importantly, the ingredients were mixed evenly!

Image from Panasonic.com

And the last product I'm going to introduce today is... The Panasonic microwave oven NN-CS894

Image from Panasonic.com

As the name suggests, the microwave oven can function both as a microwave and an oven :) It's quite cool because there's a compartment below the oven for you to put water and steam stuff~ It's Flat & Wide design also allows for more cooking space, i.e. you can cook more food at the same time!

This was steamed in the microwave oven :) 

Yum yum... The end-product is so attractive omg I love attending food-related events wahaha 

With the cooking instructor for the day!


Thanks Panasonic Singapore and omy.sg for inviting me to the cooking demo! 

Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by Panasonic Singapore and omy.sg. All views are based on my true opinions and experiences. For more information, read my PR/Disclosure Policy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

YOUTUBE


INSTAGRAM

FOLLOW ON YOUTUBE