Style Your Eyes With KLENSPOP + Contact Lenses Tips

Wednesday, April 29, 2015


It has been almost 9 years since I started wearing glasses, gosh how time flies!

I lost my perfect eyesight then due to my addiction with the MMORPG game Maple Story (I'm serious). I remember playing the game from 9am to 6pm (machiam work full time lidat lolol) every day for the whole of my December holidays. I only left the computer when I had to visit the washroom or have some food.

The next time I had my eyes checked, my fate was sealed. I had myopia and had to say goodbye to perfect eyesight forever :(

Image from http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/10/maple.story.murder.jpg

My first experience with contact lenses was in secondary 2 when I got really sick of wearing glasses. As circle lenses were the in-thing, I bought a pair of black circle lenses to try out. Boy that was a wrong choice. The lenses looked so unnatural on me and my friends in school were giving me weird stares. How come other people wear liao so kawaii but I wear liao look like goldfish?! Life is so unfair.

Hahaha but anyway, after finding out that pure black circle lenses didn't look good on me, I decided to stick to normal lenses and didn't bother trying other colours... Until K-lenspop contacted me to do a review on some of their coloured lenses!



K-lenspop is a Korea-based contact lenses company. They stock a wide variety of brands, including the popular ones like Acuvue and Bausch & Lomb. The website is also extremely navigable with their products being neatly categorised into colour, brands, diameter, period of use etc.


After confirming the colours to be reviewed, the contact lenses were sent out from Korea and I received them in just a week! The products were bubble wrapped and placed neatly in a cardboard box.


Each box consists of a pair of contact lenses, a contact lenses case and a plastic tweezer.

The 2 colours that I'm reviewing today are Bunny Color Brown and PROMO-Gray!


1) BUNNY COLOR BROWN




Brand: LENSPOP
Diameter: 14mm
Graphic Diameter: 13.8mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Life Span: 1 year disposal
Country of origin: South Korea
Includes: 1 PAIR (2 pcs) + BONUS CASE



2) PROMO-Gray



Brand: NEW BIO
Diameter: 14.0mm
Graphic Diameter: 13.0mm
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Life Span: 1 year (Max)
Country of origin: South Korea
Includes: 1 PAIR (2 pcs) + BONUS CASE

The lenses that I'm currently wearing (long-term) is ACUVUE® OASYS® Brand Contact Lenses with HYDRACLEAR®PLUS. The following is its prescription:

Brand: Johnson & Johnson
Diameter: 14.0mm
Graphic Diameter: NIL (clear lens)
Water Content: 38%
Base Curve: 8.8mm
Country of origin: US
Life Span: 2 weeks (Max)

From the description, you can see that the differences are in the life span and base curve. For my normal lenses, I choose to use the bi-weekly type because it'll be sort of cleaner that way (throw after 2 weeks)? After all I'm gonna use them long-term. For the coloured lenses, well 1 year is really quite long, but I'm not going to wear them all the time and I bet I'll dispose them within a few months haha.

Anyway, the base curve for the circle lenses is 8.6mm, while that for my normal lenses is 8.8mm. The base curve is the back curvature of your lenses. Its like the sizing of your clothes. Being size S for a certain brand doesn't mean you'll be size S for another brand. If you feel comfortable wearing lenses with a different base curve from your usual lenses, it shouldn't be a problem. BUT if you feel uncomfortable, then please stop wearing it!! Don't force yourself to wear something your eyes cannot adapt to, like how I always try to fit (unsuccessfully) into smaller clothes *sobs*


Contact Lenses Tips

Opening the Bottle

See that arrow? Push up from there to open the bottle!

Be careful when opening the bottle; the metal parts are quite sharp.

Using a pair of scissors or pliers might make your job easier!

Prepping Your Lenses

Before wearing your new contact lenses for the first time, you gotta prep them first! I prefer soaking mine in fresh contact lens solution for at least 6 hours! That'll make them fresh and ready!

To know how "old" your new lenses is (hahaha irony much), look for the date of manufacture on the bottle!


The above "Bunny Color Brown" lenses were manufactured in January 2015, making them barely 4 months old, which is quite fresh I think? If you tell me to put them straight into my eyes after taking them out from the bottle, I think I won't violently object haha.

But!!


The PROMO-Gray lenses that I received was manufactured in 2013, making them 2 years old! I better clean them with fresh solution first hahaha.

Rinse the new contact lens case thoroughly with contact lens solution, then pour some fresh solution into the case.

Using the tweezers provided, remove the contact lens from the bottle carefully.

Place it into the contact lens case.

Do the same for the other side.

Close the contact lens case tightly and store the lenses for at least (preferably) 6 hours before wearing them. 

By the way, the coloured lenses above have a lifespan of 1 year. Remember to replace the contact lens case regularly (at least once a month)! Please don't use the same case for one year omg hahaha.


How Do The Lenses Look On Me?

1) BUNNY COLOR BROWN












2) PROMO-Gray



BOO! Hahaha gotcha! Those eyes gonna haunt you tonight when you sleep muhahahaha

Okay sorry for being lame lolol here's an eye smile for you :)

That frizzy hair though, oh my goodness









Personally I prefer the PROMO-Gray colour because it gives off a... sexy vibe? HAHA did I just say that?! But my photographer (a.k.a. forced labour) prefers the Bunny Color Brown because it apparently it looks more natural on me (my original eye colour is dark brown)! What do you guys think?

I have to agree that they are indeed "cosmetic lenses" because they REALLY do enhance my look even if I don't put any makeup! I guess I could wear these two colours depending on the occasion - the Bunny Color Brown on a regular school day, and the PROMO-Gray if I'm out for an important dinner or a night out at the bar.

If you ask me whether I'll be switching to these coloured lenses long-term, my answer is nope because I already have contact lenses professionally prescribed for me by the optician. I can't help but feel more safe with lenses bought from a physical store... But I wouldn't mind wearing the coloured lenses once in a while if there's a special ocassion!

Moreover, I don't want people to get used to my "larger" eyes =p I'm actually intending to do Lasik sooner or later and I don't want people asking "What happen to you? Why your eyes become so small?!" after I stop wearing circle lenses hahaha! 

But anyway the coloured lenses are really affordable and can last quite long (the 2 colours I reviewed can last for 1 year from the date of opening). Even if you don't wear them often, they'll still be worth the price :)


If you are interested in getting the colours I reviewed, here are the links:
Bunny Color Brown: http://bit.ly/BunnyColorBrown
PROMO-Gray: http://bit.ly/PROMOGray

Also check out KLENSPOP's website here! Lots of brands and designs and whatnot for you to choose from :)

Photos by lw, editing by me.

For Gig Bookings / Collaborations / Advertising / Sponsorships: YokezOfficial@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The products were sent to me by KLENSPOP for consideration. For more information, read my PR/Disclosure Policy here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

YOUTUBE


INSTAGRAM

FOLLOW ON YOUTUBE