Dinner at Rise Buffet Restaurant

Monday, April 13, 2015

If you've seen my OOTD post, I mentioned that I had dinner at RISE® at Marina Bay Sands to celebrate my parents' 30th wedding anniversary! RISE® has always been among my favourite international buffet restaurants in Singapore due to its excellent food and service standards.

My sister and I with matching floral dresses :)

I usually start off every buffet session with salad because it opens up my appetite for the long meal ahead. 

I shared a bowl of salad with my sister, in which we added the following (from what I can remember; we threw in lots of ingredients like there's no tomorrow lol) - the usual greens, cherry tomatoes, diced chicken breasts, hard boiled eggs, bacon, smoked salmon and bread croutons. 

We topped it off with balsamic dressing, ranch dressing and thousand island dressing. Haha really anyhow one lor everything rojak. It turned out fabulous anyway, so hurray to our mix-and-match skills! Or should I say all the ingredients were delicious to begin with? =p



And here it is, our wonderful creation! You can't see any greens because we literally covered the whole bowl with bacon and smoked salmon =p The bacon was a tad salty for (both) our liking, but the saltiness of the smoked salmon was just right!  

The good thing about buffet is that you can have as much ingredients as you like. Both my sister and I love sashimi, and this time round, we didn't have to fight for the salmon. Hurray!


Our next plate consists of sushi and a few more slices of salmon (can't get enough of it!). The sushi was delicious but it could have been better if there were more choices!



What's international buffet without fresh seafood?

I remember eating only 5 oysters on my previous trip to RISE®, so I vowed to eat more oysters this time round. Unfortunately, there was a constant queue at the oysters section (the chef de-shelled the oysters one by one ON THE SPOT, super fresh) so I couldn't take as much as I wanted. A bit paiseh to hog all the oysters when there are people waiting behind me, you see =p

So I ended up eating 7 oysters in total... But still an over all improvement! Haha






You cannot forget to take pictures no matter how good the food =p In fact I think my cam-whoring obsession gave my stomach time to rest before I started my next round of food wahaha!


And... Dessert time!!! 

RISE® has a fairly huge variety of dessert options, including mousse cakes, cheese cakes, chocolates, soft cookies, puddings, ice cream, sherbets, and more. There's even this station for you to scrape honey off from a honeycomb (yes, the whole block of honeycomb). It's so fresh, satisfying, and of course, sweet.



There were also tons of fresh fruits available but I umm, prefer sinful desserts over the healthy ones =p We took some berries though! Eating them together with honey (fresh from the honeycomb) was pure bliss.

I really liked the soft cookie too. I grew to love soft cookies after I first ate the ones from Subway and... the rest is history.





You gotta try these tarts when you're at RISE®. I'm serious. They're so, so good. I don't mind having them for breakfast everyday! I always look forward to eating it whenever I visit the buffet restaurant =p


Photo-ception - my mum taking photos of the flowers my bro & gf bought, and the cards we made!

We were SO FULL after the meal at RISE® but it was satisfying at the same time :) We waited for the food to digest by taking some OOTD shots hehe, you can check out my OOTD post here!

My dinner at RISE® was a delightful one, complemented with exemplary service. Will definitely be back for more next time!


Rise - Marina Bay Sands Hotel
Address: 10 Bayfront Avenue, Marina Bay Sands, 018972
Contact: +65 6688 5525

Opening Hours:
Daily breakfast buffet: 6:30am - 11:00am
$41++ per adult | $22++ per child

Daily lunch buffet: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
$48++ per adult | $24++ per child

Daily dinner buffet: 6:30pm - 10:30pm
$68++ per adult | $38++ per child

Website: http://www.marinabaysands.com/restaurants/rise.html

You Might Also Like

0 comments

YOUTUBE


INSTAGRAM

FOLLOW ON YOUTUBE