Dinner at Swensons

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I usually order the same food when I'm out because what if, just what if they serve me something that turns out to not suit my palate? I would have wasted my money on an unsatisfactory dining experience. I'm sure some of you here are like me right!

Anyway, whenever I visit Swensons, I would order Crayfish Pasta (major seafood fan here hehe) for the main course.


Crayfish Pasta
Image from http://www.swensens.com.sg/main-menu

Having said that, I do try new stuff sometimes. I've ordered the Chili Crab Pasta before but found it too spicy for my liking. Yes, it was really delicious (crab leh! How can crabs not be delicious?) but I kind of struggled with the spiciness and didn't manage to finish the whole plate (I usually can, I eat a lot) because of it.


Chilli Crab Pasta
Image from http://www.swensens.com.sg/main-menu

Well, the spice wasn't my type, as in I prefer the sour kind of spicy? Something like tom yum... By the way my spicy food tolerance isn't very high hehe so the Chili Crab Pasta might not taste spicy to you. Give it a try if you haven't! Anyway this time round... I decided to try something new! I ordered Spicy Seafood Pasta with Grilled Scallops.



Now you must be thinking I'm a freak or something for ordering SPICY seafood pasta when I can't really eat spicy food. Why did I do that? Because of Swensons' "Happy Hour" promotion!

On weekdays between 2:30PM - 5:00PM, you may order:
1. Any 2 Ice Cream Sundaes OR
2. Any Food Item + Ice Lemon Tea
AT ONLY $11.80!

Image from http://www.swensens.com.sg/promotions/115-happy-hour

Crayfish pasta was excluded in the list of food items, you see, so I had to order something else for the offer to be valid (lol auntie mode on). I love seafood so I decided to try this one!

Spicy Seafood Pasta with Grilled Scallops 
Spaghetti in spicy tomato cream sauce served with large grilled scallops, mussels and prawns

Okay to be honest, IT WAS SPICY. In fact, it was spicier than the Chili Crab Pasta. BUT!! It was strangely... addictive. When I took the first bite, I was like "Okay can, I can just cry liao lor so spicy!!", but after I took a few more bites, my tongue sort of became numb (lol that sounds scary but don't worry the chilli didn't destroy my taste buds) and the spiciness became more tolerable (weird much).

I would say that eating the spicy seafood pasta is like eating tom yum. Tom yum (to me) is spicy, but at the same time it's so shiok that I can't stop eating it even though it makes my tongue burn. Sometimes I even drink finish all the tom yum soup even though I know my stomach will feel uncomfortable after that with all the chilli swimming around inside =p

Oh yes! They gave quite a generous serving of scallops (yay!!), around 4 or 5 if I didn't remember wrongly. 2 mussels? Prawns I forgot how many. But anyway I managed to finish the whole plate and was full after that! A full Yokez is a happy Yokez (Y)

The dish was great overall but I found it kinda troublesome to have to to sieve out all the small chilli pieces from the pasta, because my eyes literally welled up when I accidentally ate one T.T Maybe next time I'll request for them to not add in the chilli pieces!


Fish Baked Rice
Grilled fish fillet in white sauce baked with savory rice and cheese

This was what my dear friend lw ate! Anyway, the Swensons' Happy Hour promotion is really a good deal because most of the pasta usually cost more than $15, but now, you can get it with complimentary drink for only $11.80! So do enjoy the promotion before it ends!


Swensons @Junction 8
Address: 9 Bishan Place #01-39, Junction 8

Opening hours:
[Weekdays] 10.30AM - 10.30PM
[Weekends & PH] 8AM - 10.30PM

Tel: 6252 6229

Website: http://www.swensens.com.sg

You Might Also Like

0 comments

YOUTUBE


INSTAGRAM

FOLLOW ON YOUTUBE