Cupcakes :)

Tuesday, March 19, 2013


Baked cupcakes today!! Spur of the moment :) 
Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting! 

To be honest I kinda smoked my way through everything because I changed so many ingredients! 

I couldn't find baking powder in cold storage so I bought double action baking powder instead. 
I ran out of granulated sugar at home so I used brown sugar instead. I reckoned it would be so much sweeter so I measured less sugar. 
Replaced all-purpose flour with plain flour. Its the same anyway I think??
Quite a risky venture, but the end-product came out great in the end :)

Lets start!

 





When I get tired from sifting I usually switch to pushing the flour/whatever powder with a spoon instead. Save energy! =p

Tada! All sifted!

Mix everything together... The egg, egg yolks, vanilla extract, flour, sugar, salt, salt?!?!?!?! Hahaha I was kind of surprised salt is included in the recipe, but I didn't taste anything salty in the end product. But I'm still curious why salt is included...

Lay the muffin casings...


Silicone baking equipments are so fun to use!



 
Looks quite messy now, but they'll all flatten out while baking!


I couldn't resist the urge to take a peek in the middle of the banking process. I know I'm not supposed to do that though...

While the cupcakes are being baked...

Time to make the vanilla buttercream frosting!

2.5 cups of icing sugar. Whoa sweetness overload!!

Mix the icing sugar with 1 cup of butter and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. Yes, it sounds very sweet, and as expected it turned out to be SO sweet that I nearly puked. So I suggest you cut down on the sugar level.

Beat it with the electric mixer till light and fluffy. It's so fluffy I'm gonna die! Okay random.

Heres the video anyway, if you have no idea what I'm talking about!



After 20 minutes...

Its done!!!



Transfer all the cupcakes to the wire rack to cool down.

The cupcake in the middle broke while I was arranging it!! Sobs

But this also gave me the chance to eat it hehe. It was awesome!! The outer part was a tad crispy and the inner part was soft. 外酥内软,刚刚好!



Time to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes!





Done! Although after piping every single cupcake
then trying the frosting and finding out that the frosting was so so so so so so sweet
the cupcake was still awesome anyway. Hehe ^^

Done!

For those who're interested, heres the recipe! Happy baking! :))

You Might Also Like

0 comments

NUFFNANG