Why you should come to Nanyang Junior College (and be my junior)

Monday, January 09, 2012


Hello 南侨人!!! Hope all of you did well for your O's! :D
We (NYJCians) went to NCHS just now to distribute flyers, did you see us??

In case you don't know about our open house, we actually have a Facebook page!

Our open house is on 10jan, which is tomorrow!!
Most jcs are having theirs at 11jan, maybe we don't wanna fight the crowd haha!
Actually I couldn't go back nchs today de, had to stay back for nanyang ambassador stuff,
but we were realised early so I flew back to nchs!
Oh yes, I can't believe I missed the MRT stop at Sengkang. Its like I'm busy smsing ppl + blasting music on my earphone until suddenly I hear the word "Punggol" I totally "!!!!!!!!!!!".

Anyway, here are some reasons why I think NYJC might be a good choice for you :D

1) IT IS POPULAR
Apparently 1/6 of our nanchiau graduating cohort went to NYJC last year. Idk why so many ppl wanted to go NYJC, but I was one of them lah hahaha! In the end during J1 orientation there were almost at least 1 南侨人 all 40 orientation groups LOL.

2) THE MOST EASILY ACCESSIBLE JC IN SINGAPORE
NO NEED TO BRING UMBRELLA FOR YOUR WHOLE JC LIFE!!!!!!!! 

You're sheltered all the way to school :D NYJC is just a 2 minute walk from Lorong Chuan MRT station; actually you can already see the school after you exit the MRT station =p BUT AFTER THE CONDO BESIDE THE SCHOOL IS BUILT, WE CAN'T SEE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!! T.T But you will still be able to reach the school in 2 minutes, no worries :D


AND THE BEST THING IS, even if the train breaks down at Serangoon, YOU CAN WALK FROM NEX TO NYJC (8-min walk)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its like walking from compass point to nchs lidat =p Every day after school can go shopping! =p

How to come NYJC by MRT:
MRT to serangoon --> Switch to circle line --> 1 stop to Lorong Chuan --> Exit, take escalator up and follow the pathway to school (the place with all the construction going on)

For buses you can check here, because I'm not that kind of bus person =p
Until now I still can't remember is take bus 87 or 89 to jingrong's house!!! Haix 路痴 T.T
Now even MRT stop also can forget to alight, idk liao lah omg!

3) FLEXIBLE ATTIRE
i) With effect from 2012, our school is increasing our dress down days from 1 to 2! What are dress down days? They're days where you can wear your class tee, CCA tee, and whatever tee as long as the school name is printed somewhere on the shirt :D

ii) You can wear whatever shoes you want :D

iii) For ANY day of the week, you can wear your college tee instead of the formal school uniform.

4) WE HAVE A WONDERFUL PRINCIPAL
Mr Ong from NCHS
Mr Kwek is the nicest principal you can ever find.
Mr Kwek is like Mr Ong from 南桥!


WE EVEN HAVE A FAN CLUB FOR MR ONG!!!!!! 
This shows how much we love him :D Go join it! Hehe =p

As for Mr Kwek, he often motivates us to study hard, and he won't scold us and stuff. Even if we do not meet his expectations in terms of academic or other areas, in my memory, he has never scolded us. HE IS SUCH A FUNNY GUY!! Today was the first day of school right, he made us laugh so many times during the speech.

Mr Kwek from NYJC
He said stuff like "If you get scolded by your teachers you should be happy because you deserve it. Until now my mother still scold me, if she stop scolding me I will miss it.." LOL.

Good principal
= Good fortune for teachers and students
= Ability to improve the school 
= School improves 
= Daebak! :D

MR KWEK IS SO CUTE!!! =P


5) AMPLE OPPORTUNITIES TO GO OVERSEAS
We have all kinds of overseas trips for every kind of student! Last year, science students went to Switzerland, Arts students went to UK, students taking H1 Chinese went to Taiwan, and etc etc!

Some CCAs also go for overseas performances/competition so throughout your JC life, its quite easy for you to get out of the little red dot at least one =p unless you don't grab the chance lah!! I'm that kind of average student but I still had the chance to go UK (and eat a lot) hehe :D

6) START SCHOOL AT 9AM
"I WANT TO SLEEP LET ME SLEEP MORE RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
We're one of the few junior colleges in Singapore that have lessons starting at 9am! It depends on your timetable though, it varies according to your subject combination!

Morning lessons are at 7.30am, assembly at 8.30am.

For last year, some science students (shuyi!!!! :D) have only 1 morning lesson for the whole of 2 weeks (our timetable operates on a fortnightly basis)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *jealous* Maybe there were those who have none, I had 5 though, and somemore this year increase to 7 because all J2 PE lessons are pushed to the morning in order for us to have earlier dismissal time (have to give and take luh) :/ T.T
But its already very good le lah since 7.30am is the normal time other jcs!

7) CONDUCIVE STUDYING ENVIRONMENT
You can study literally everywhere in the school, even at the squash court haha! The library is super conducive and quiet, though not as quiet as the National Library (that is super scary, your pen drop on the table the whole library will look at you) =p

You can also study at the benches located near the parade square, outside staff room, classrooms if they're not occupied, computer labs. During the exam period everywhere will be filled with people, must faster chop seat de!

OH YES. WE UPGRADED ALL OUR COMPUTERS TO WINDOWS 7 ALREADY. VERY GOOD QUALITY!! The previously slow wireless connection has been upgraded too, we're using a new (expensive) system now. But I haven't tried it, and I have no chance to try it because I have no laptop, and I can't have a laptop until I enter university T.T

I remember I was instantly attracted by NYJC the moment I stepped into the school, especially that rock with the words "饮水思源" carved on it. Its soooooooo cheena!!!! I like!!! Hahaha! Suitable for 南侨人! But actually after getting into NYJC I realise that most of the people here are english speaking... 被骗了 LOL.

Another thing that attracted me to this school was that feeling I cannot describe. When I visited NYJC, I instantly felt comfortable and 温暖, you know you know, aiya I really don't know how to describe hahaha!
I didn't have that feeling when I visited the other jcs!

Moreover when a councillor called Yi Zheng (I think??) brought us on a college tour during open house, he said something like "The most important thing about choosing a school is not about its cut off points, but its culture." That single sentence made me go "okay I'm choosing this school" haha!

8) FRIENDLY PEOPLE
The stall owners and bookshop owners are all very friendly!!
One day when I was at the school eco park trying to take photos of those unique plants,
this cleaner uncle came around and showed me around the garden hahaha!
So enthu! Or maybe he was just bored? Haha!


8) MANY SOURCES OF FOOD (WHETHER IN OR OUT OF THE SCHOOL)
Okay this one I must mention because I LOVE FOOD! Aiyo this reminds me of what I did in The One.
Anyway, we have quite a number of stalls in our canteen selling a variety of food, and you rarely have to queue up (depends on the stall, some stalls take a long time to cook) because our timetables make it such that when some classes are having lessons, others are having break.

If you don't want canteen food, you can buy pastry and puffs, ice cream, milkshakes etc from Good News Cafe! But I rarely buy from there because the food's quite ex ><

If you don't want to eat in school, you can go to the hawker centre near the school! Before reaching the hawker centre you'll pass by 7-eleven! =p

Finally, if you're such a picky person you don't want school food don't want GNC food don't want hawker food, YOU CAN WALK TO NEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This one you cannot complain liao hor, if NEX cannot satisfy you I think you better don't eat anything. NEX is like a heaven for food got like few hundred restaurants and food courts for you to choose from omg!

ONE THING I HATE ABOUT JC (in general). 
The one and only thing. NOT a NYJC problem.

PROJECT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
The most horrible subject ever.
If you're coming to JC, you have to go through it. Too bad :/
Thats the only only only thing I hate about JC! But I think you still have to go through it even if you go to a polytechnic, and it might be worse because you'll be doing tons of them throughout your poly life while JC peeps only have 1 project which lasts for a year =p After that, NO MORE!!!!
Aiya, but whatever we learn, we know that its for our own good. So just accept it!! =p

And another sad thing about NYJC is that they don't offer music T.T They have Art Elective Programme (AEP) and Chinese Language Elective Programme (CLEP) but why no Music Elective Programme (MEP)!!!!!!! I actually considered tjc because they offer music, but after considering factors like convenience and all, I chose nyjc anyway haha!


Okay thats about it, hope you know more about my school now!


For more information on NYJC, visit our school portal!

CYA AT NYJC OPEN HOUSE TOMORROW 10AM-4PM!
Btw got free flow of candy floss from 1-4pm I think, hope I can kop some =p


P.S I'm so jealous because there're ipads, H&M vouchers and Ben & Jerry's vouchers to be won hourly tomorrow BUT I CAN'T TAKE PART!!!!!!!!!!! T.T


P.P.S OMG MY HOLIDAY HOMEWORK IS STILL LIKE............ Okay bye.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

YOUTUBE


INSTAGRAM

FOLLOW ON YOUTUBE